Senior Waveguide Designers
Diffractive Optics, Physical Optics. We’re looking for experienced and highly self-motivated senior waveguide designers to develop diffractive waveguides for next generation see-through displays.
The successful candidate should have a solid background in diffractive optics, ray tracing, problem solving, numerical optimization, and programming with C++ and Matlab. The basic knowledge of diffractive waveguides, geometrical optics, illumination optics and light polarization control is required. You should have ability to independently develop algorithms and tools to solve large scale optimization problems. You will collaborate with other designers and engineers.
- Develop and implement new optimization tools for optical systems with both geometric and diffractive optical characteristics.
- Design and optimize optical waveguides.
- Research and develop new optical solutions for next generation see-through displays.
- Provide support for in-house and external prototyping and manufacturing efforts.
- Work with technicians and other engineers to integrate relevant theory, compile requirements and coordinate design reviews.
- PhD degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in diffractive optics design and optimization.
- 5+ years of experience in programming with C++ and Matlab.
- Ability to independently solve complex numerical problems.
- Familiarity with parallel computing.
- Good knowledge of optics including illumination, imaging, physical and geometrical optics, polarization control, coherence, and colorimetry.
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally with the team
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 15%).